The Physical Sciences-Oncology Network Bioresource Core Facility (PBCF) at ATCC is an NCI-funded resource for all members of the Physical Sciences-Oncology Network (PS-ON), Cancer Systems Biology Consortium (CSBC), and all NIH-funded cancer researchers. The PBCF serves as a centralized distributor and repository providing common stocks of an authenticated set of non-malignant and cancerous cell lines, cell culture reagents, and related standard operating protocols. Datasets of published work using the PBCF cell lines are requested to be reported to the PBCF and the NCI.
Unique features of the PBCF include:
- Free cost of each cell line and reagents (shipping & handling fees apply)
- Each batch of cell lines originates from the same lot number and passage number making their use ideal for collaborative studies
- 41 distinct cell lines are available from 8 cancer types and non-malignant counterparts, all with detailed culture SOPs
- First shipment of each cell line includes a media/reagent starter kit (if requested)
- Genomic, proteomic, and physical characterization data for many of the cell lines are available on the PS-ON Cell Line Characterization page of Synapse: https://www.synapse.org/pson_cell_line.
For information on the list of cell lines available and order forms, please refer to the links below. Contact Nastaran Zahir (email@example.com) for questions about the PBCF.
Available cell lines and derivatives
Background information and SOPs
Material Transfer and Order Forms
NCI Resources for Researchers
Resources for Researchers is a directory of NCI-supported tools and services for cancer researchers. Most resources are free of cost and available to anyone. Learn more about Resources for Researchers.